- Autumn semester 2022: 2–15 August
It is important that you register on time, otherwise you will lose your study place. If you are admitted to continued courses within your programme (semester 2-6) you have until the starting date of the course to register.
The registration process is different for newly admitted students via UniversityAdmissions.se and for exchange students. Read more on his.se under Registration and "How to register (per category)".
If you have been conditionally admitted, you have until the start of the course/programme to register.
If you want to retake an unfinished course, you can ask for a re-registration. Re-registrations are made if there is a seat available.
You apply for a re-registration by contacting the course coordinator before or by the start of the course. State which course you want to retake, which week the course starts and whether it is a campus course or distance course. You will see the re-registration in the Student Portal if it is approved by the course coordinator. The course coordinator will inform you if the re-registration is not possible.
Re-registrations are only made if there are seats available. If there is no seat available you may have the right to take an examination. You do not have to be re-registered to take an examination. If you want to take a written exam, you can sign up for the exam via Student Portal or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who can be re-registered
- You must previously have been registered on the course.
- The course you want to be re-registered on must have the same course code as the course you were registered on previously.
You cannot be re-registered
- On a course that is not given the current semester.
- If you are already registered on 45 credits or more, you must apply for extended study commitment before applying to be re-registered on additional courses.
You have to re-register
- If you are going to attend lectures, labs and more. Read more under the consequences of re-registration on this page below.
You should not re-register
- If you only need to take an examination, i.e. a written exam and don’t need to attend lectures, laboratory work, etc. In those cases you just need to sign up for an exam via Student Portal or via The Student Affairs Office. If you need to submit an assignment, please contact the course coordinator for agreement on how the assignment can/should be submitted.
- If you need to take an examination according to the course syllabus that applied when you took the course last time, please read more under consequences of re-registration below.
If you have been re-registered on a course, this means that you will study the course according to the course syllabus and the examination that apply to the current course. This also means that you may not be able to be examined according to the examination parts that were included when you took the course last time.
Please check whether changes have been made in the course syllabus, especially regarding the examination parts before requesting a re-registration.
If you re-register for a course where an examination part has been changed, you need to apply for credit transfer which means that credits from passed examination parts on the previous course transferred to the current course.