Tips for you who study at home
Here are some good tips for you who are sitting at home and studying. (Source: Luleå tekniska universitet)
Get ready for school
- Get up as usual in the morning. Do what you usually do, e.g. shower, get dressed and have breakfast.
- Dress in the clothes you usually wear when you go to campus.
- Start and end the study day at the same time each day.
- Take a short walk of 10-15 minutes before the start of the day. Then you get some fresh air, wake up and change your mind from morning routines to studies.
- Prepare your workplace for the day.
- Log in to the correct program 5 minutes before the first meeting or lesson of the day begins.
Create a workplace
- The body associates different places with different things. Therefore, it is important to create a workplace for their study day, and make the sofa or bed the place for recovery and sleep.
- Choose a place to work. Preferably a desk or maybe the kitchen table. Maybe the ironing board can be your desk if you want to stand up?
- Turn off radio and TV.
- Close all notifications, apps and tabs that are not needed for the task you are currently working on.
- Move away things that lure you into doing other things than studying.
- Remember to take breaks, just as you usually do when you're on campus. Try to follow your regular schedule.
Breaks are important
During your breaks, it is important that you get out of the workplace and do something completely different for a while. Here are some tips on what you can do:
- Call a friend and pause together. Talk about something other than school.
- Put on some nice music and dance or sing for a while.
- Stretch or make a bunch of burpees.
- Get something to eat or drink.
- Take a lunch walk.
After the end of the study day; take time off! Remove your books etc from the table. Do things that make you feel good.