No new Covid-19 cases among students
During the second week of March, the University found out that a number of students at the student housing had tested positive for Covid-19. A number of precautions have been taken after that to reduce the risk of the spread of infection. The University acts on the basis of the Action plan developed in the event of established Covid-19 infection within the University.
The County Medical Office and the health center Vårdcentralen Centrum decided to offer quick testing to students who have been in close contact with any of the students who have tested positive. This to prevent further spread of the infection.
– Many of the students from the affected housing have taken the test and followed the recommendations. We are very grateful and in this way they have contributed to reducing the risk of the spread of infection, says Elizabeth Persson, Deputy Director of Academic Affairs and Student Support.
Due to the earlier confirmed cases of Covid-19, the University and the County Medical Officer have also had two information meetings.
Regional recommendations for Västra Götaland
– We all have a personal responsibility to help slow down the spread of infection. Remember to keep your distance, preferably meet friends outdoors, avoid new contacts and do not have any parties, says Eva Lindgren, County Medical Officer.
Covid-19 is currently widespread in our community. Västra Götaland’s County Medical Office has issued special recommendations that apply throughout Västra Götaland until May 16. These recommendations represent a stricter version of the Public Health Agency of Sweden’s general guidelines.
- Limit your new close contacts by socialising only with people whom you would normally meet.
- Avoid public transport, shopping centres and shops if there’s a risk of crowding
- It is best to avoid all non-essential travelling. If you must travel remember to wear a disposable face mask.
- Wear a disposable face mask whenever you cannot avoid close contact with others indoor
If you have respiratory symptoms, even mild ones, stay home. At 1177.se, you can make an appointment for a Covid-19 test at a health center in Skövde. The test is free of charge.